Measuring the State of Disaster Philanthropy examines trends and data in disaster giving. The report was newly updated last year…foundationcenter.org
The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a compilation of philanthropic strategies, promising practices and lessons learned that help communities be better prepared when a disaster strikes their community. In particular, it is aimed at helping philanthropic organizations and individual donors be more strategic with their investments and recognize the importance of supporting long-term recovery for vulnerable populations.
Designed with informative, easy-to-use tools, this Playbook serves the needs of multiple audiences, including philanthropic organizations, individual donors (including donor-advised funds), national and regional associations, government and nonprofit organizations to prepare for and respond to disasters.
• Learn and share tangible and tested strategies on how disaster response can align with your grantmaking in order to lead and facilitate a community’s recovery.
• Find tools, resources and forms to help grantmakers move into disaster-response mode rapidly and efficiently.
• Learn and share response practices on how you can educate, convene and collaborate with your philanthropic members.
• Learn and share implementation tactics with partners and supporters in your own community.
• Understand the role of various organizations in disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
Receive updates and customize your own disaster playbook. This website allows you to pick and choose from the broad scope of its contents, compile relevant strategies, stories and resources into your own Playbook, curate them to suit your objectives, and share them with your network or community.
Welcome! Did you know that this website allows users to create your own Playbook? Sign up in order to log in to MY PLAYBOOK to pick and choose from the content most relevant to you. You can then share your curated Playbook with your colleagues.
Congratulations. A confirmation has been sent to the email address you provided. You can login now.
Check your e-mail for the confirmation link.
Your password has been reset. You can login now.